Area of Specialization
Times of transition between periods in life are often more common than we care to admit, and may trigger stress, anxiety, depression and other psychological issues. I specialize in helping individuals and couples who are experiencing transitions owing to significant life changes.
– High school to college
– College to career
– College to graduate school
– Career changes
– Business growth
– Business restructuring
– Relationship development
– Changes in long-term relationships
– Midlife crisis
– Birth of a child
– Parenting teenagers
– Empty nest
– Issues with elderly parents
– Death of a parent, partner
– Changes related to personal growth
– Changes related to growing older
– Changes in spiritual growth
Other Areas of Specialization:
– Blended Families – My wife LeAnn (LPC, LMFT) and I have successfully raised four daughters in a blended-family setting and are well aware of the trials and tribulations facing parents today. We employ both our training and real-life experiences in counseling families, blended families, and couples working on their relationships.
– Leadership and Management – I have more than 15 years of experience coaching and consulting for senior management and business leaders.
– Parental Relations – I have worked extensively with men and women in dealing with issues related to their parents, both living and deceased.
– Men’s Issues – I have worked with men in relationship development, parenting, career changes, anger management and spiritual development.
Therapeutic and Training Services
I provide therapeutic services in EMDR, Cognitive Therapies—including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Marriage/Family Therapy—and Advanced Re-decision Therapy, Ericksonian Hypnosis and Dream-work. I also offer Executive Coaching, Leadership Training, Career Counseling and Life Design, College advising and mentorship at the undergraduate and graduate level.
LPC-S, LMFT-S internship/clinical supervision for licensure
I am board certified to supervise graduate students who are seeking internship supervision for LPC and or LM FT requirements. I also provide personal psychotherapy for LPC, LMFT, MSW & Psychology interns.
I have earned a B.A. and Ph.D. from The University of Texas at Austin and an M.Ed. from Texas State University. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC-S) and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT-S).